Old 11-14-2012, 12:35 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Kittywolf13 View Post
So tiny update. The other morning I poked the actuator and it actually moved really easily. I was kind of surprised. Guess leaving it sit worked! I need to put the slide plate on and see if that activates from bobbin winding mode to sewing mode. If it does I'm ready for some test stitches. wish I had more time to work on my machines. GuesS the holidays are rolling around so I can probably work with them then.
Good to hear!! Yup. leaving it sit in oil (in the short term) is great for them. Letting it harden over years, not so much. Now get using it

Even if the slide plate doesn't put it into sewing mode, just push the little creme colored lever to the right and you're good. There may be a trick to installing that plate, I don't recall, but I will look while I service the one that's here. The general rule of thumb is to install from the back to the front, and I usually have to use a tiny blade screw driver to help it grab the spring, but I'll double check.

The feed dogs for the one that's been sitting on my bench for months finally arrived, so I hope to get some time to fire this one up today or tomorrow to see how it sounds and runs.