View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:58 PM
J Miller

Default New Buttonholler for my collection

I added a new buttonholler to my collection. It's a Precision Built B - 3 low shank unit.

It came with the cams, a feed dog cover plate, screws, a template puller to pull the cams out of the end of it. And instructions. Shows little if any use.

Instead of opening the bottom like the Greist made buttonhollers or the top like the Kenmore and Singer Professional ones, you push the 1/2 cam into the rear of the buttonholler until is snaps in.

Then to remove the cam you push the template puller in with the little tap facing up under the cam and then pull it out.
So far I've oiled it and examined it, but haven't used it yet. I'll have to do that soon.

So far all the other buttonhollers I've collected have been made in the U.S.A., this one is marked Made in Japan. It actually came with a seam ripper, the instructions call it a "fork cutter" to cut the buttonholes after you've made them. That's missing, but I can replace it easily.

I've got to find a way to display all my button hollers and take a group picture of them.

Joe