Old 11-14-2012, 05:56 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Catching up here!

Carolyn ... glad you came to the rescue and were able to let all know that your DearSisHonchey was OK. I'd been worried about her and being out of town for a spell, didn't know all that time!

Honchey ... Thankfully you are OK and realize how lucky you were compared to many others. So how did the GFG piecing go? I think it's time you show us a picture of your progress!!! Think of the memories you will have of sewing by the candlelight despite the storm.

Carrie ... elegance for sure, in those test blocks. Are they destined for a specific quilt pattern? Or just to give some blocks for customers to see how the fabric works up? They really are lovely. Your 4PP is going to be stunning! Good job on your part to camouflage the butterflies your DH does not want!

JanRN ... great job on your first HQ16 quilting! With each project you'll improve your comfort with the new machine and will soon be turning out amazing work. I just know you will!!

DublB ... What Carrie has done is a 4PP (Four Patch Posey). As explained, you just layer the four and cut the blocks. I didn't have a pattern, and just figured it out from looking at a sample at the store. So use the fabric you have and you'll be surprised what you turn out. Like the OBWs it's so much fun ... and addicting!

QNSue ... your Flamingo SAW is beautiful! I really like the kaleido-stars on the green background

MiraB ... Everytime I see that quilt, I fall in love with it again. I too am intrigued about the tool you used for the layering process ... please do tell us more1!! I'm all for anything that makes a job easier.