View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Grannie J

Default Dritz Basting Spray

I recently bought a can of Dritz Basting Spray at the local Walmart. I FMQ my quilt and when ready to quilt the border I sprayed the backing, batting and border. Big mistake...I waited until the next day to start FMQ and to my surprise my needle kept sticking. The spray was still sticky. I had sprayed lightly. I tried to remove the spray with a moist cloth...didn't work. I put the quilt in the washing machine on cool water...spray didn't come out. I then ran it through a hot water wash.. I have never seen such a mess...finally ended up cutting the border off and just put a binding on. On a trip to Walmart this afternoon I noticed they still had a few cans of the Dritz on display. When I went back to Walmart and told the clerks about my experience and suggested that they inform their patrons about it they must have forgot to do so because they still had a few cans on display today. Please be aware that this spray is unacceptable. I can just see someone using this on a special quilt and it being ruined.