View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 AM
Beeboop71

I too work a full time job, have two children (10 & 15), husband, house, online business and a 3 hour commute every day. My kids are older so they are more independent but I still get the "ma, mommy, mom" calls which means I have to stop what I am doing. Once I think I got them out of the way my husband calls me to see or help him with something. Most of my time sewing is a little bit and I mean little bit of time I can fit in after helping the kids with homework they didn't understand. I also find in order to get more done I sew late into the morning hours on a Friday and or Saturday. Then there are times where I will actually have several hours or even a whole day to sew but don't get any sewing done cuz I am so exhausted from my daily hectic life routine. I guess since you have a toddler maybe you can sew when your child s napping (that is if she naps neither of mine did) so in that case maybe you can have someone watch her for several hours just so you can have some " you" time. I know this can be hard for some people because they have guilty feelings about it. My kids are older and I still struggle with allowing myself to have "me" time because I work all day and get home by 7. My husband has told me over and over again there is nothing wrong with that. I guess I suffer from guilt mom syndrome. Lol. Another way would be to take a quilting class at your local quilt shop even if it is for something you know you can do on your own. I do this on occasion because it is nice to be around other fellow quilters as well as it gives you an opportunity to learn tips and tricks in quilting. I always learn something new and it is awesome. Plus now you will have no interruptions and several hours of dedicated time to just sew and many times you will have a completed project which makes it even more rewarding. Hang in, you will find a way and before you know it your toddler will be a big girl. Reading magazines and looking at pics on the Internet and the board inspires me a great deal so continue doing that as well. Happy sewing!