View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 08:35 AM
quiltswithdogs

Hi everybody, I was out of town with my 88yr old Mom for a couple days and am happy to read your nice comments... thanks!

I wanted to show my friend that despite the disappointing circumstances with her daughter giving birth, I do consider the babies to also bring much joy into the household. Last summer, her daughter had moved back in with them to figure out what to do with her life. In the next few months, she still hadn't found a job when she met the young man, dated a month and become pregnant. So now, my friend is supporting her 23yr old daughter and twins instead of retiring as expected and looks exhausted in the photo. They live in another state from me and her family so none of us can help physically. But I did want her and her daughter to see that somebody recognizes that babies are a happy occasion. Not having time to make 2 whole quilts, I thought I was clever to think of making a wallhanging for the room her daughter and twins share.

This was a fun project. The poem was on the wall of my babies' nursery 30years ago, right near my double-wide rocking chair.