View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 05:44 AM
May in Jersey

I've met many online quilters and have had no bad experiences.

First you need to meet at a quilt shop, quilt show, restaurant where you can leave if uncomfortable and aren't commited to spending the day together. Good idea to come with someone else, even your DH can do something else for awhile after you meet each other at prearraned place. One gal turned out to live a few miles from me and we've become great friends. A group of us from Alex Anderson's old message board met at the Lancaster show for years, group is bigger some years and smaller others but we all keep in touch and share quilting and friendship. Earlier this year I met with a gal from this message board at a local quilt shop, another quilting friend came too and after checking out the shop we all had a good time getting to know each other over coffee at a Dunkin Donuts in the same shopping center.

Maybe you can suggest to her to meet at a shop or diner and each bring something to Show and Tell, a project you are working on or photos of quilts you have made could serve as good way to begin talking. May in Jersey

Last edited by May in Jersey; 11-15-2012 at 05:50 AM.