View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 06:52 AM
Honeynga

Originally Posted by sharon59 View Post
I need others thoughts and ideas of making my living room into a sewing room. It's only me here,and hardly any company at my apartment. I think if I move sewing room to living room and visa-versa, I would work more on my quilting. What are your thoughts?

Thank you
Sharon
I too live alone in a small apt; I say do what you want ! I have a sewing machine set up on "dining room" table, where it stays almost ALL the time. I have a small non conditioned "sunroom" that I use for storage; I have a small desk in there that I use for my cutting table; it is about 2 steps away from my sewing machine so that is convenient. Just this week I bought a 6' folding table from Target for $32 (sale price, wheeeee!) that I'm going to set up my bedroom in order to use as a cutting table; the bedroom has sliding glass doors to the sunroom so it will all be convenient.

Sometimes I feel that my living room is one big craft room, since I not only sew, quilt but am an avid knitter also; therefore I always a project or two (or four or more) lying around......my thoughts are, IT IS YOUR APT, not a show room and you should do what makes you happy !
Sandy