View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:10 AM
QuiltingByCourtney

I am in the exact same situation. I have an 18month old daughter that NEEDS to be where I am when she is awake. I work 7am-4pm Mon - Thurs...Fridays are my play with Kenzie time and quilt while she naps...It is impossible for me to get much done while she is awake because she needs to be on my lap/table/chairs etc haha...I love her to death though haha...sooo if she is busy playing with toys I will be in my quilting room until she comes and gets me and demands attention. I get most of my quilting done while she naps in the morning and afternoon...but nightlife seems to be the most productive...I will quilt for at least 2 hrs after I get home from work and have fed/bathed/and tucked my little tike into bed at 8pm...If I am exhausted I go to bed right after her! and just quilt the next night that way I have a bit more energy and feel like staying up later....My husband is awesome on the weekends, if I want to do some sewing he will play with her for a while...I totally see where you are coming from and as they get a bit older you can quilt more, they do grow up so fast you almost don't want to miss any of that either haha, time management is what it comes down to...For me its just stressful to try sew when she wants my attention so I just wait until she is sleeping that way its not stressful and I turn on my radio and sew for a couple hours...keep your chin up, it will get easier...happy quilting!