Old 11-15-2012, 09:19 AM
grant15clone

Joe, I am not sure but luckily the hose I used had those marked on it. I just checked and it seems like it is a 5/16" fuel line hose. The important part is that it is 7.9 mm Inside Diameter.
It was not easy and was tricky and frustrating. I cut the replacement hose to size first. I put the hose on the bobbin winding post and pried from the opposite end with a small screwdriver enough to get the hose over the shoulder. I pushed the hose down using a pair of pliers enough to get it started. I took another small screwdriver and ran it between the hose and shoulder kind of like how they mount tires on a car rim while maintaining pressure on the hose with a socket from a socket set flipped up side down so the opening is down and away from the hose so the bobbin shaft could poke through it as the hose slid down. Once the hose was over the shoulder I used the pliers to work it down into position. This is all after I had removed the old rubber and cleaned up the surface of the shaft where the old rubber was. It did not need any adhesives as the rubber was good and tight on it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]376691[/ATTACH] I hope this helps. Good luck! ~G~

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Grant,

Lets see, what's that in American ...... 3/8" I think. I used a piece of 3/8" hose to "try" and make one, but I couldn't get the hose over the shoulder of the shaft. What did you use to do that?

Joe
Attached Thumbnails fuelhose.jpg