View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Scraplady

Nancy Zieman's book 10-20-30 Minutes to Quilt is what got me started quilting. My kids were older by that time, but we home-schooled and I worked part time at our church and I didn't think I had time to sew. It takes a little prep work and organizing but it will amaze you what you can accomplish in those little short bursts of time. I was so inspired after the first one that I kept on going and haven't stopped. And I agree with the others, cherish the time with your daughter. It may be annoying at times, but who knows, maybe spending time with you "sewing" will foster an interest that will last a lifetime. I have taught both my girls to sew and they knew they were always welcome in my sewing room (except the few weeks before Christmas when it became Santa's workshop). They are grown now and both have retained an interest in sewing. My oldest even made her first quilted table runner for a shower gift recently. I treasure the memories of the times I spent "creating" with them even when it seemed like they were under foot.