View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 AM
n2scraplvr

Came up with the idea for this little mini one day last week and went for it the next day. Knew I wanted chubby little knots in cotton but then I thought about this huge scrap bag of all polys/silks and couldn't wait to get into it and do something with it in my quilts. So the two ideas merged and voila!!! I dedicate this little quilt in loving memory of my DM who did so many wonderful things for me thruout my life, all the cash and stash and everything else in between! Fabrics from two pairs of her slacks are in this quilt, the hot pink in the center were slacks she cut out and never finished (but I finish now for her) and the top left fdn. pc. of beige. My DB's shirt from HS or college days is in the quilt also; bottom right corner. He is remembered for all the nice things he did for me and all he taught me. The third person is the seamstress who sewed for a living and supplied my family with bags and bags of scraps for quilting 45-50 years ago of which we never got around to, but I am now. The seamstress's generosity is honored here too. Both her and DM graduated together. Hope you enjoy my mini that touched me so when I finished!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-4569.jpe   attachment-4571.jpe