View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:58 AM
quiltingcandy

Friends laughed at me when I said I had more time to sew/quilt and do gardening when my children were under the age of 5 than when they started school up to college graduation. I worked full time and all too often put in unpaid overtime - but my daughters were only going to be young once and I didn't want to miss it. So when we did the dance lessons, volleyball and basketball tournaments, etc. I carried hand work with me. Be it crochet or needlepoint or applique, it traveled easily and my home time I would use to the grand finale.

Housework could wait - some how it always does. My gardens turned ugly - but the memories with my daughters more than make up for any time pulling weeds. 35 years later I finally have hired a cleaning lady - she does the heavy work and that takes a lot off my shoulders. I still prefer to be with my daughters than mop a floor. My husband refuses to hire a yard man - so I leave that up to him.

You will find what works for you. Time is no ones friend but I promise the time spent with your family is not wasted.