Old 11-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Mizkaki

Grant,
I've used my method on very brittle, dried out rubber. I does work even then. Probably because the old rubber is only
a place holder for the new tire, there are only light stresses on it. Probably much less stress than when it was driving the handwheel.
That said I really like your rubber hose repair.

I also really like Yankee ingenuity,
Cathy

Originally Posted by grant15clone View Post
Cathy, I was thinking about pulling this thing off and put the bobbin winder post part in my drill and filing it. But I was afraid of making it more egg shaped in the process. Leaving it in a machine is much wiser because of the stable platform it has. But the flat spot on mine combined with the dry brittle and cracked condition of mine made this option, and yours, not a good one for me. If it is just a flat spot, I would seriously think about what you are suggesting as an option. I guess maybe I should have mentioned this earlier. The rubber on mine was flat spotted, really dried out, and cracked. What I did was NOT an easy thing for me to do. I like the grove idea but there is such little clearance on this particular model, I am not sure it would have worked. I love Yankee ingenuity! ~G~