Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM
createfourpaws

Originally Posted by CountryHouseQuilter View Post
cindy - The pattern is from the book "Hugs & Holly" by Kelly Mueller. I found it on Connecting Threads website, but you could probably find it on Amazon.

I figured out how to make them faster. If you take 1yd. top fabric, 1 yd. batting, 1 yd bottom fabric - make your quilt sandwich and quilt the whole thing, then cut the pieces you need, you can cut out 5 baskets to sew together. And if you use a different top fabric, say Christmas Trees, and the bottom is maybe Snowflakes, you could make 3 tree baskets and 2 snowflake baskets. Hope that makes sense.

The longest part about making these is the way they tell you to cut all the pieces out oversized, sandwich and quilt. Then trim them to size. I figured out that if you want to make quantity it's easier to quilt a large piece and then cut it down to the sizes you need. Less waste, saves time. Works great!! I now have 5 baskets ready to sew together.

There are some other great patterns in the book as well.
Thanks for sharing the info, I have been busy working and not much time to get online, still trying to adjust to these hours and days.

I will look for the book on Amazon.