View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:13 AM
kiffie2413

I also want to send a BIG thank you to all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers for my hubby and I, and his surgeon regarding his surgery last week! Everything went well...there was more damage than the surgeon expected, but we expect and pray for a great outcome! Hubby had been having trouble with his achilles on his right leg for 2 years...yes years...he is a stubborn man (but his wife is more stubborn!) I finally got him to the orthopedic surgeon, who could not believe dh had put up with it and was working full time, etc. with it...he did x-ray and MRI, so knew there was a bone spur that was putting pressure on the achilles...what he did not know until he got in the OR was that some bone had chipped off of the bone spur and had cut into the achilles tendon...so he had to detach the achilles, clean out the bone fragments, shave off the bone spur on the back of the heel, repair the tendon, and re-attach it with plate and screws...hubby is in a cast and non-weight bearing for the next 6 weeks...Now to just get thru the next several weeks with a hubby who prefers to be up and busy rather than sitting....I have offered to teach him to quilt...then he offered to take me hunting when he is able to go...we agreed to do neither....LOL...
Thanks again all...
K
PS Elisabrat, hope you are doing better each day!!