View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 08:00 PM
june6995

Oh yes, I took the first "real quilt" off the frame on Monday and put the binding on. As I was making it and breaking thread, I decided this would not have a label or be given to any of the Charities I like to make quilts for. As I was sewing the binding it occured to me that I needed to put it on my bed, so I could admire it and say" don't forget you did this wrong" and need to correct it on the next one. I had another "dumb" quilt that was made of 3" squares in a Trip Around the World design. It was great for practice, i made circles and curly-ques in each block. Then I made flowers and anything else that came to my mind. It has some skipped areas where the thread broke and no stitching took place. I will put it back on the frame someday and add to it. But it was purely "lesson #1" and not for show and tell. It is my Secret!

Do one thing at a time and learn at your own pace. And above all else, ENJOY being able to finish your own quilts in a lot less time. Just think of all the money you will save. I am keeping track until I know I have paid for my equipment with my own work.