View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:55 AM
Iraxy

My DH had turned the volume up to 56 on the remote and still had trouble hearing it. I could hear it loud and clear in my sewing room across the house. I got a cheap otoscope from Walmart and looked in his ears to see that they were full of wax. Hard dry stuff. I purchased an ear wax removal kit and cleaned his ears out. It took lots of warm water and squishing of that bulb but it came out in clumps and finally I could see his ear drum. Took two days too since he got whiney about getting wet! Lo and behold, his hearing improved incredibly! Later that week, I cranked up the television volume to 56 and asked him what he thought. He was astonished to find that his hearing had been so impaired. He hears normally now and we don't have to entertain the neighbors. Moral of this story is: Do not use q tips to clean your ears. It only pushes the wax up against your ear drum and makes it impossible for the little hairs to shove the wax out once it has dried up. Instead, when you shampoo, let some of the shampoo get in your ear and rinse it out in the shower spray. A little alcohol afterwards will dry it out.

Last edited by Iraxy; 11-16-2012 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Syntax