Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
It's funny, when I begin to talk about the PC riders and come to the part that you are my friends but I've never met you, I kind of get a blank stare. For instance, when I talked about my friend in New Jersey that lives near Pleasant Point Beach where the hurricane hit or friends in California and Australia that do Bonnie Hunter quilts...I could go on for each one of you...they are amazed. I guess this group is sort of like having pen pals and we can read each others mail every day! I love it.
Absolutely, GGal ... I told many about being worried for my NJ friend as we had not heard from her.

Or how about when we tell someone about a technique or tip or trick we learned from our online friends.
Or when I ask at a LQS for a specific notion and of course, they do not have it. (So often USA has things long before we get them here in Canada.)

I know my two LQS' have not been overly supportive ... so I try not to mention it now.
Jealous of business lost (courses, LAQ etc.), I'd say.
Instead, they should be looking at it that if I do more sewing, there's more business there for them with my needing more fabric and supplies.