Old 11-16-2012, 07:11 AM
gardnergal970

QuiltE...you make me laugh. I've seen dresses on concrete gooses but never on live turkeys!
Jan...I too love the dressing and make extra. Yes turkey soup is like making chicken soup. I learned from a wonderful German lady that stock made with the bones...and the secret ingredient was a couple cloves of garlic...could not be beat. I don't do that often now for just the two of us but it is worth it.
QuiltE...yes Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November for us in the states and is a national holiday. Most companies also give Friday as an official vacation day and merchandisers have taken advantage of it and have used that day to kick off the Christmas season with huge sales. Calling it black has something to do with stores being in the black for the year from that point on. They are already advertising Black Friday prices and getting an early jump on the sales. Shopping has become a national pastime in the states. It's really sad.
Honchey...we were posting at the same time and your Thanksgiving soup sounds absolutely wonderful

Last edited by gardnergal970; 11-16-2012 at 07:14 AM.