Old 10-18-2009, 12:20 PM
barnbum

Update--Mazie's been in the van three times now and today we took her for a ride!! :D We drove two miles to my dad's place and stopped for a bit. I didn't get her out because we need to buy a strap to secure the ramp in the van--just to be safe--so the ramp didn't come. She was quite interested in the scenery. :D We drove the long way home--under 5 minutes. She pooped twice--and the first time, since she was standing sideways, it went off the cargo liner, so it's not fool proof--catch proof? :roll: I'm going to take the dog scooper when we go. When we pulled in the driveway, she saw the all the others sunbathing and whinnied loudly. But, when I got her out and back to the barn, she wasn't in a hurry to get in with them. Good sign! :wink: We go to Quail Summit on the 25th of Nov. We'll practice several more times before then. I also want to bring her into the house. :D

Oh--Gypsy fits perfectly fine in the van, too. It's much taller in there than our last one. She never hesitated to climb up and in. I considered taking both girls to QS for the first visit, but I'm worried about them tangling leads in there and they'd not be able to stand sideways for the best balance--so I'm going to keep it simple for now. My daughter will be home from college, so she'll be coming. She's the best help I have! :D