View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 AM
wordpaintervs

a lady from a knit shop .... told me, when knitting in the round, always bring the stitch that is on the beginning of the area being worked next (if you are right handed) and on the left hand needle, as close as possible to the point of that needle. Work that stitch then one or two next to it before changing that 'nearness'. I love DPN's and the same advise applies to them. I, however, used the magic loop on mine. Next time, I will do a knit 3, purl 1 for the cuff as it is tighter (less stretch). The sock is comfortable, but for my own foot, I'd like it more snug. wish I had a picture to shw what I mean. Hope advise wasn't clear as mud

When I use 3 or 4 double pointed needles, I always cable cast on...with ALL stitches on one needle, then knit off with whatever cast on stitch for cuff I want to use. It almost gives a slightly
decorative look to the cast on) That seems to make the 'arranging of the needles' tighter and hold the needles together better.

Love to get a PM from you and know if this advise was usable or should be clarified.

Hugs and good luck.

Vickey Stamps

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 11-16-2012 at 11:15 AM.