View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Charlee

I consider myself a newbie...because I'm just starting again after a long dry spell caused by a divorce and new marriage.

In the early 90's, I was living in Montana, and was helping to start a first responder unit in the area that we lived in. In order for us to get equipment, we had to raise money, so we went around to locals and asked for donations for an auction. I made two wallhangings for that auction that brought $125 and $175...I was amazed that anyone would pay that for my work! Then I made one for my mother that I got back when she passed away...it's dated 1993. I also made Mom a friendship quilt that I cut 12 1/2 inch white blocks for and sent to her friends and family to decorate however they wished...I got 49 blocks back, most with wonderful embroideries and/or painting on them and stitched them into a quilt for her. That would have been in 1985.

I'm just happy to be back at it! There's nothing quite like a quilt... Now I just have to accumulate a stash...I'm working on that! :) Oh...and I couldn't be happier to have found this board! Such beautiful inspirations here...and wonderful people!