Old 11-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Honchey

QuiltE....The jelly roll was just straight stitching.. my freemotion circles & stippling look like zig zags.

I've only done applique having the seam allowance already turned under...no needle turn for me...too intense...

I signed up for the newsletter at Quilting on the Square and downloaded all 10 blocks so far...
Dublb, I did something similar ...I placed a circle of fabric centering it on a large square.. sewed a buttonhole stitch around the circle..flipped it over..removed the center section of the circle from the back...then quartered the block . as long as the circle is starched it works real well...it is now another UFO.

Thank the Lord there was no flooding....the soil around here is very sandy and it drains very well...We have city water so there was no problem as long as their pumps work...I put my big pots to use on the stove (propane) for heating water for heat & washing...lighting was all done with the led lanterns & candles....we didn't have electric, cable, internet landline phone & no cell phone either...We have a wood stove in the fireplace and burned wood night & day...The coldest place was my bed...I don't have flannel sheets but I do have several pieces of polar fleece that I was going to make throws for my grandsons....I put the fleece between the top & bottom sheets like a sleeping bag...that really saved me from shivvering....There are still places without electric...those poor people...I feel so bad for them...My LQS has something going on at the shop for them....I will have to see what I can do....

my sinus's have been acting up as a result of burning wood and had to see the DR to get a shot of whatever it is for allergies now it's settled in my chest and have to use an inhaler...what a drag...and winter is just beginning!!!

it's almost one o'clock here and now I'm going to bed..nite all!!

Last edited by Honchey; 11-16-2012 at 10:09 PM.