View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 05:58 AM
WMUTeach

My dearie, we all have time constraints. I work full time and often my work days extend into the evening. I get home too tired to look at a quilt except to snuggle under it and sleep. I sneak time on the week-end. Saturday afternoon and sometimes into the evening. Sunday afternoons are often productive. Because I am in the education field, I can grab time during the university breaks. I plan all fall for the two days after Thanksgiving for quilting. Then start planning for the 10 days I have around Christmas. I become obsessed, skip meals and house cleaning. I often have even forgotten to feed the cat. She does remind me of her presence by trying to sleep on my quilt while I free motion. A most effective way to get my attention!

Don't be too hard on yourself if you can't quilt for hours every week. This is a time in your life when your family needs you too. They will go up and grow away from your home and you will then have more time for YOU and your passion. Slow and steady is beautiful. Oh, and do a reality check on what your want and desire to do and what time you actually have available. I had to do this when my family was at home. I would plan 15 projects but only really had time for 5 or 6. Be kind to yourself and don't lose the joy of your creations because you must hurry on to the next gift your want to make for someone.