View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 AM
paintmejudy

Default Clue 6

Remember: You made the 9-patch blocks using E with A, the lighter of the A-B combo, and you used F with C, the darker of the C-D combo. My top photo will remind you of my original fabrics, A to D in the middle, E across the top and F across the bottom.

This week, you will be using the E with B, the darker of the A-B combo. And using F with D, the lighter of the C-D combo.

I have started with my F and D, as pictured in the second photo.
From F, cut five 2½” strips
From D, cut three 4½” strips.
From D, cut four 2½” strips.
Use accurate ¼” seams. Make strip sets shown in photo and described here:
Sew one 2½” strip of F with one 4½” of D.. See the second photo. Press well. You will have a piece 6½” wide by WOF long. Make 2 more sets like this one. Press all 3 strip sets-- all strips sets need to measure
6½“ wide. From the strip sets, square up one end then cut off a 2½” section, making a piece that measures 2½” wide x 6½” long. You will need 48 of these pieces. See third photo. Discard the left over piece of strip set.
Now, Sew the remaining pieces as shown, with the F in the middle, and a piece of D on either side. Make one more strip set. Press both strip sets well. The strip sets must measure 6½” wide. by WOF long. Square up one end, and cut a 2½“ section, which will measure 2-1/2“ x 6½” You will need 24 of these pieces. Discard leftovers..

(Sorry - I forgot to take a picture of the E and B fabrics. See bottom picture for what you will be cutting)
From E cut five 2½” strips
From B, cut three 4½” strips .
From B, cut four 2½” strips.
Use accurate ¼” seams. Make strip sets as described here.
Sew one 2½” strip of F with one 4½” strip of D. Press well. You will have a piece 6½” wide by WOF long. Make 2 more sets like this one. Press all 3 strip sets -- all strips sets need to measure 6-½“ wide. From the strip sets, square up one end then cut off 2-½” section, making piece that measures 2½” wide x 6½” long. You will need 48 of these pieces. Discard left over piece.
Now, sew the remaining pieces as shown, with the F in the middle, and a piece of D on either side. Make one more strip set. Press both strip sets well. The strip sets must measure 6-½” wide. by WOF long. Square up one end, and cut a 2-½“ section., which will measure 2-1/“ x 6-½” You will need 24 of these pieces. Discard leftovers.

I’m sorry I forgot to take some of the pictures as I was working up the sample, but I think you will be able to see what you need to do with the E and B fabrics.

This should keep you busy for a while. We will deal with these pieces next Saturday.
Attached Thumbnails 1-fabrics-mystery-3.jpg