View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:29 AM
fleurdelisquilts.com

Default Chemo Quilt for a student

One of my English students started chemo treatments this week. Knowing that the cancer had spread to his lymph nodes, I figured he would have either chemo or radiation after his surgery a few weeks ago, so I decided to make him a sofa quilt to help keep him warm. I've read that some treatments take so much out of a body that it's hard to stay warm. He's very thin, so there's already nothing on him to keep him warm. I made the quilt with a high loft batting and extra long because he's probably six feet tall at 17! After finishing the quilt I took it to school and had the kids in my classes sign it or write words of encouragement. Originally I was going to use the blue for the entire back but decided to put some white on the back so there would be more room to sign it. The kids loved the idea of signing it and writing little notes to him. (Check out the tail end of my quilt inspector in the first pic. lol)

After I finished the quilt, I called his mom to deliver it, but they are in the hospital for his first treatment, so it has to wait till he comes back. I'm really excited to deliver it to him. I'm hoping it brightens his Thanksgiving holidays.
Attached Thumbnails dscn2254.jpg   dscn2259.jpg   dscn2264.jpg