View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 02:08 PM
chefbwarner

I am c/p the second half of this clue because I am so confused. The first half uses F/D and how to sew/subcut. The second set uses E/B for cutting but uses the following directions for sewing and subcutting. There is no reference to the E/B. Oh help me please, pretty please LOL " Sorry - I forgot to take a picture of the E and B fabrics. See bottom picture for what you will be cutting)

From E cut five 2½” strips
From B, cut three 4½” strips .
From B, cut four 2½” strips.
Use accurate ¼” seams. Make strip sets as described here.
Sew one 2½” strip of F with one 4½” strip of D. Press well. You will have a piece 6½” wide by WOF long. Make 2 more sets like this one. Press all 3 strip sets -- all strips sets need to measure 6-½“ wide. From the strip sets, square up one end then cut off 2-½” section, making piece that measures 2½” wide x 6½” long. You will need 48 of these pieces. Discard left over piece.
Now, sew the remaining pieces as shown, with the F in the middle, and a piece of D on either side. Make one more strip set. Press both strip sets well. The strip sets must measure 6-½” wide. by WOF long. Square up one end, and cut a 2-½“ section., which will measure 2-1/“ x 6-½” You will need 24 of these pieces. Discard leftovers" Thanks and hugs from sunny but cool Northern Florida