View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 03:00 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

One thing to remember is that even sewing on a projects for a few minutes a day can make a big difference - it may not seem like you are accomplishing much, but do things in stages, little bits of time add up, but of course Christmas always seem to come faster and faster each year. My kids are grown but we have a 2 1/2 year old granddaughter that I want to sew for,along with making quilts. I don't have much money because my husband is disabled and I have not worked since he became disabled,so sewing not only gives me my creative release, it keeps me sane and allows me to make "home-made" special gifts for my family. My husband and I are together 24/7, and sometimes I still find it hard to have time to quilt. The only thing I have learned is that if sewing/quilting is your "sanity", make time to do that which makes you happy. As mothers we always tend to put ourselves last, but we need to put ourselves first or we won't be able to do for everyone else, not an easy lesson to learn. I have no magic potion to give you more time, but you need to find it and if the house gets dustry, don't clean your glasses - when the kids are grown they won't remember how clean your house was but how you made time for your kids and yourself. It is amazing what you can accomplish even if you are carving out 10-15 minutes a day - it all adds up. This was a lengthy answer - hopes it helps.