Old 11-17-2012, 05:01 PM
irishrose

Ouch, that's worse than my duct tape. I've sewn a finger, but never a lip.

I was cleaning out a drawer and found my measurements from last Nov. I bet I am back up to there. I will measure when I don't have on heavy jeans. Dec and Jan were down - what happened? I'm on track today and I'm going to bed early so I only have 4 more hours to eat. I'm going to church 1 1/2 hours early until Christmas and I need time for my hair to dry. I can't blow dry it.

Took the dogs to the lake today through the woods. There are so many downed branches and small trees that I felt like I was marching. Haven't done that since high school and the woods have no relation to a football field, plus I do not have on a short skirt. Oh, I helped my daughter with her baton corps, so I guess have marched more recently but even that was 35 - 40 years ago.

I haven't finished that list of questions from McCall's magazine yet. Remember
1) Do I really have to have this?
2) Am I even hungry right now?
3) Is this food splurge worthy?
and the new ones
4) How will I feel after I eat it?
5) Is it the end of the world if I don't have it?

Interesting thought for this week, "Almost all the pleasure you get from a high fat or high calorie food comes from the first few bites. After that, it doesn't have the same reward." Edward Abramson, Ph.D.
In other words, you only really taste the first few bites. I used to have a friend who tried to teach me to eat only three bites of high calorie foods. She had no concept of being a compulsive overeater and I had no concept of eating three bites. She's still my best friend. I'm willing to give her idea another shot.

Be sure to plan your feast day for Thursday and jump back on the wagon Friday. I feel for those of you who will have leftovers.

Purplemen, a former leader, taught us, "If you want to meet a goal, you have to have a plan. Failure to plan means planning to fail."

Sorry about the quotes and sounding preachy, but the holiday season is upon us and we need to be ready.

As of 7:59 pm Nov 17, 2012, I, JLM, will control what goes in my mouth.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy