View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 10:09 PM
Wyldwytch

Default Hi from The Jersey Shore

Hi my name is Rose and I just got back into quilting very recently. As a matter of fact Hurricane Sandy is what me want to go back to quilting, I figured I could have been hand quilting quilt tops while we had no electric or heat. Since the storm, I have been able to finish one quilt top, a disappearing 9 patch that took me about 10 days to cut, piece on my new sewing machine and place the border around. It was done in all fall colors of oranges, golds, browns and greens with orange being the primary color. Tomorrow I am going to sandwich the quilt and get it into my 18" quilting hoop to hand quilt. This upcoming week I will be cutting a stack and whack out of the following fabric....

I also picked out my 20 fabrics for a Twisted Bargello class I will be taking in January, I can't wait.

So I guess a bit more about me...I'm a school bus driver for the town I live in, a wife, a mom to 3 grown children of which my son is in the military AND a grandmom. My youngest daughter and the baby live with us and one of her friends who she went to high school with also lives with us due to a bad family situation. We live in Monmouth County NJ, one of the hardest hit counties from Sandy. Thankfully the only damage we received from the storm were a few downed trees, some flashing off of our house and a very uncomfortable extended period of no electric, no heat, no stove, and worst of all no hot water (I'll tell you freezing cold showers are not fun). It's very sad though to drive just a couple miles away and see the amount of devastation this storm caused and the amount of peoples lives who were destroyed in less than a 24 hour period. BUT, we are Jersey Strong and we will get things back together better then they ever were.

Look forward to chatting with everyone and joining some swaps.

Rosie the Wyldwytch

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-18-2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: pm to member