Old 11-18-2012, 04:17 AM
rosie99

Hi, I joined this board in the spring and mostly just lurk in the background. Love this site. But you guys are such a bad influence. I've picked up 4 machines since reading this board. A 128 hand crank, a generic hand crank, a Singer 328K and a Singer 301(in excellent shape, I might add). Now I found a featherweight on Kijiji(canadian type Craig's list) for $50.00. Cosmetically it's in good shape. But this is what the selller has to say about the rest of it....

"just so were on the same page, the machine will need some repair. the motor runs and the pulley spins, but the rest is seized, I'm not sure how to fix it and have no time to figure it out'.

Could it be fixable with some time and patience. Any ideas what might be up? I figure for $50. it would be nice decoration for my sewing room if all else fails. But I'm optomistic that it is fixable. Any other questions I should ask?
This is listed several provinces away where my son lives so if he is kind enough to pick it up for me, it will be home at Christmas time when he comes.
Thanks