View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
justwannaquilt

Thank you everyone for ideas about the binding! I haven't even touched my machine in two days so I haven't gotten any farther than i was the other day. lol

Trugger, I didn't find it hard at all. What I did was took the book to my local copy shop, had her blow the templates up to the size I wanted them not the size the book said! Then I transfered them onto freezer paper. Then I layered my fabric red back red back just like the book says, and I ironed it on so it wouldn't go anywhere. I am a sucker for starch, I think that helped keep everything in place while I cut the pieces! once I cut the whole block out I layed it out on my ironing board the way it was suposed to be sewn togeher. I was able to layer eight pieces of fabric at a time and cut each set of blocks at the same time. It worked great doing this size!

If you don't want to fuss with the temlates there is a SUPER way of doing wonky/chunky log cabins on this blog, which I LOVE by the way! http://tallgrassprairiestudio.blogsp...-tutorial.html

One of these days I want to make "Hop Skip and A Jump", and "IcePops"!
I also did a version of her "What a Dish" quilt for my son!
Honestly I don't know that she has anything I DON'T like! lol

Sorry for the book! lol

thanks again everyone!!