Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 AM
Muv

Originally Posted by Needlegrammy View Post
I have received a lovely DQ today from Kitsykeel.
Kitsy was trying to think of something that says we are thankful, the song by Maurice Chevalier kept coming to her mind. Thank heavens for little girls, without them what would little boys do. Therefore the cutest little pink and blue quilt. I'm going to have to keep it away from the grandkids. Thank you sooooo much, I love it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]377108[/ATTACH]
Barbara and Kitsykeel, What a beautiful little quilt, the shades of pink and blue are just right!

It turns out that I have done the same theme in a different way. My lovely 9 year old friend Lily helped with the quilt. She was here last Thursday morning with her mum and brothers and sisters. Lily's job was to choose the colours for the quilt. I had two piles of fat quarters on the table ready for her and told her how many I wanted her to pick out from each pile. Once she had done that I asked her decide the order to arrange them in, and she even did a bit of the sewing! That's all I can tell you for now because I don't want to spoil Handi's surprise, but I can't tell you how pleased I am with the result. Lily has a fantastic eye for colour, there's nothing little girly about it.

Then in the afternoon we went out to a charity dress making session. You can see pictures here www.sewscrumptious.blogspot.co.uk and you will all wish you had been there. It was the most exciting day you could imagine.