View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 12:36 PM
josykatz

I'm new to quilting so I don't have much in the way of supplies yet. I just joined the local Quilting guild and was told before I came to my first meeting to bring money because they were having a sale on supplies. When I got there I found out that one of the ladies had a male quilting friend who had passed away and his partner didn't sew or quilt and didnt know what to do with the stash. Sadly he needed money to pay for his partner's funeral so he gave all the items to our guild to sell to one another and the proceeds would go to expenses. I managed to get a good amount of things I needed to start my quilting career. I feel for the gentleman that lost his love and know this must be such a trying time in his life but feel good that I was able to help in some way. Sadly funerals cost so much these days and it is tough on the family members of their loved ones. I think this is a good way to go if you don't have anyone special that you wish your items to go to. It helps out other and your loved one.