Old 11-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Lois-nounoe

When my 10 yr old granddaughter came to visit for 2 1/2 weeks in July I taught her to quilt on my mother's 70+ yr old sewing machine with knee peddle! She had never seen a sewing machine before much less sewed on one. I didn't tell here what I had in mind for her to do while she was here. First day I had her do an easy Sudodu puzzle. Next day she picked out nine of her favorite fabrics. Next day I cut each of them into 6" blocks. Each day we did a row and you know where I'm going. I had it worked out that in the last three days I would help her sandwich and machine quilt her own quilt and the last day before she left I wanted to bind it and have it all finished for her to take home. Unfortunately I broke my arm a couple of days before she left but we did manage to get the top all done and I gave her enough 2 1/2" strips to have someone else help her finish it for her. I was so dissappointed that it couldn't be me but at least we did the project together. She lives in Florida and I in Maryland but we do keep in touch. Other grandkids are all boys and they have no interest but so be it. I have my memories and Lici has her quilt. LOL