View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 08:14 PM
ScrapQuilter

hello everyone

Very interesting reading all the reasons to belong and not to belong.
I am president of our group we have 20 members some are seasonal as they travel to warmer places in the winter..... most meetings we have about 12 members. This year we are doing quilt blocks..... each of the gals picks a block to demo..... the cutting sewing etc..... we each make our own block in the colors we want. Each will have enough blocks at the end of the year to make a quilt or to use the blocks in other projects as toats, table toppers etc. At each meeting we also do a small craft project like scented pot holders, little coin purses, pin cusions, checkbook covers etc. We meet every 3rd Monday of the month from 6 to 9.... or longer.
When we have our XMAS party we discuss what will be our big project for the next year. We are in a very rural area so we don't have to many people come in..... but we all try to get to a quilt show once in awhile. We make lap quilts for the nursing home, we also make 10 quilts for a family who lost their home do to a fire.......... yes they had 10 children. our little group also put on a quilt show last year..... couldn't believe how many quilts we all had done..... had over 500 people go through the show....... No compition we just showed all of our wonderful quilts........... and did some quilting demo's.
Well hope I haven't put any of you to sleep...... BOL
I am always looking for new ideas for our group so if anyone has ideas please share with me.
Scrap Quilter