View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 06:17 PM
aeble

I can totally relate with you! I am establishing a small business, going to school part-time, volunteer with my church, take care of my daughter during the day. I also have to make 95% of the meals we eat from scratch because of my daughters severe allergies (I'm astonished daily by the number of items out there that contain soy and peanuts) and my husband is a terrible cook.

My 21 month old really, really wants to play with my machine. I'm afraid of her hurting herself, so my machine is in a separate room and she isn't allowed near it yet. I keep it always set-up and ready to go other than the dust cover on it. That helps me find some time, because I can sometimes take 15 to 30 minutes while she's napping and I don't have to worry about packing everything up. Another option I've found for the busier times when I need her nap time for other things, is too do some hand sewing or knitting while she watches TV (we let her watch 30 minutes a day). It isn't much, but she's happy snuggling next to me while watching her show and I'm happy sewing or knitting beside her not resenting not getting to do things I enjoy too.

I'm looking forward to when she's old enough to understand how to be safe with a needle and thread and I can show her how to sew.

Last edited by aeble; 11-18-2012 at 06:22 PM.