Old 11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Quilting D

Thank you all so much for your responses and ideas. I am going to try several of your ideas. Prism 99, my salvages (trimmed off)edges are running up & down from floor to ceiling. I do think the tension is basically okay as the stitches look nice but it does as many of you suggested seem to be a "tension thing" . I think the weight of the thread matches pretty well and I ripped out one side hem and lengthened the stitch length but no luck. I bet if I did them by hand Paper Princess that they would look nice but I'm not sure I have the patience for the hand work. I hate to hand sew and the panels are 115 in from floor to ceiling. I did not use any steam when I pressed the finished hems so I am glad to say, PHEW! At least I didn't shrink them!!!!
I really think my biggest challenge right now is to make up my mind that I am going to take the time to rip these out & do this right. It will be approx 24 yards of ripping out! This is so so a lesson on testing things on a practice piece first! HA!
Thank you all again for all your suggestions. I think I hear a LOUD FROG in my future, RIIIPPPP IT RIPPPP IT!!!!!!!!!!!