View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:50 PM
mtngrl

Default Rose of Sharon in the Cabin

Most of my blocks are from Sharon Schamber's Rose of Sharon blocks, I did find a few on this site on a BOM before I discovered the Rose of Sharon Book. It started out as a guild project called Log Cabin Sampler from Carol's Collectibles 1993. I don't like piecing and the pattern had a couple of applique blocks. I went south for the winter 2011 and just kept looking for applique I could adapt to fit the blocks. I finished most of the applique last winter, I didn't take my machine and really enjoyed the quiet sewing. It will be a very large king size as we have one of those really deep mattresses that you can't buy a duvet wide or long enough for. I have hand quilted these blocks, 22" square, and will put them together with sashing when I am finished the other 10, then I have a sashing for each side of the log cabins. I had a friend who really thought I should send it out to a LA. I just wasn't ready to part with the project and kept seeing it hand quilted, after all of that hand applique I just couldn't turn it over to be machine quilted.
Attached Thumbnails img_4749.jpg   img_4751.jpg