Old 11-19-2012, 07:19 AM
buslady

whooooooo! that was a lot of reading!! Had to catch up to yall since I hadn't been on the board, cept a little here and there, for almost a week. Had our annual Thumb Area Quilt Retreat this last weekend. All I can say is WOW! We had a blast! And I bought the fabric I will use for my table runner, and it just happens to be in her color choices. Mine will be going out prior to Christmas, I hope. Though it will not be a christmas theme. My partner posts her quite a bit and I am looking forward to getting to know her better through this swap. The retreats are soooooo much fun! We learn so much from each other. I had been wanting one of those pads for under the sewing machine that hangs down and has pockets. Well, one of the ladies had made them for most of her group. She thought she had made one for all of them, but found out one of the ladies got missed. That was funny, she gave her a really hard time, all in fun. Anyway, I made myself one. Best present I ever gave myself. I just love it. I am always reaching and digging for where I left my scissors, or where I sat the seam ripper. No more!! Also, one of the ladies showed us how to crochet those ruffly scarves. My 9 yo DGD made me a pretty pink one. I think she will be making more of them in the near future. Well, back to the table runner, the pattern I looked at was for a wall hanging, so turning it into a runner will be my challenge. Of course, maybe my partner has a place she could use a square one. Or maybe one of those multiple sided ones. You just never know. I have lots of table in lots of sizes. Most of them are treadle cabinets. Trouble is, DH says, "if there is a flat surface, you seem to find something to pile on it! LOL My dining table is a very old wooden rectangular table. I like to put something on the one end of it for decoration, cause that is right by the window. Ok, now I am only rambling. Time to get some work done.