Thread: Stash Busting
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM
mm_dancer

Default Stash Busting

These aren't "finished" but thought I'd post them here instead, as I probably won't get a chance to purchase backings for a while. These are two quilt tops I made using flannel fat quarter packs. I love to buy coordinating fat quarters but find it hard to find patterns that work with them. Love love love how both of these came out.
The rainbow one I had to squeeze the squares out of the fat quarters and had barely anything leftover, also borrowed the white flannel from another project I had set aside to make someday (it'll be the batting for a beach blanket) but I'm sure once I do that project the leftover white would have been added to the stash anyhow.
The dragonflies one I am in love with, I had received this fat quarter pack from my mom as a gift and didn't have any inspiration for it at all until now. I ended up swapping out one of the colours (a princess printed one went out and replaced with the dark pink one) I also used a 1/2 yard cut (the pink sashing and triangles) that I had kicking around (actually my only yardage of flannel and really have no clue what the motivation was for buying it...) I had a little bit of the dragonflies leftover but ended up fussy cutting the posts out of it, and had a little bit of the 1/2 yard of pink leftover, and 3 striped triangles leftover (I like it when I have a lot leftover, to make another top, or practically nothing leftover)

Both of the patterns call for borders, but they are already big enough for baby quilts so I may pass.... not sure yet
Attached Thumbnails 291866_4531346575700_1039288997_n.jpg  

Last edited by mm_dancer; 11-19-2012 at 12:38 PM.