View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Wyldwytch

Default Need help choosing...

I just got back into quilting and with that I am slowly building my stash back up, right now I have been splurging on fat quarters. I also bought myself a Brother SQ9050 for piecing and FMQ for small projects (baby quilts, wall hangings). Now I will be in the market for another brand new sewing machine but one that can handle large projects, it will be used for FMQ only since I will still use the Brother for piecing. My question is what do you suggest, the price point is up to $1000, would prefer to stick around $500 but if there is an overwhelming response about one or two machines then I would be willing to go up to the maximum price point.

Another question I have is how much of one type of material do you like to keep on hand, I mean you like a fabric, but don't have a project for it yet, you just want it on hand for a future project, do you buy a FQ, 1/2 yard, yard? Where do you get your fabrics online? I have a couple LQS's within a 1/2 hour from me, but I would also like to buy online.

Also can you buy batting by the roll versus just precut sizes? if so can someone point me in that direction...

Thanks in Advance, you have all been very nice and helpful.

Rosie the Wyldwytch