Old 11-19-2012, 05:00 PM
coffeebreak

Default Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 - do you have one? Need pressure foot help

I need a foot!!! This is driving me crazy! I have a Singer Quantum Stylist 9960. THe all purpose foot doesn't do a 1/4 seam without moving the needle...and with all the starting and stopping etc...I always forget that I have to move the needle over until half way down the seam, then have to rip it out! If the machine is turned off.,,, the needle goes back to normal and when turned on...I have to move it. I forget.

The 1/4 seam foot that came with the machine is not exact..and I have to move the needle.

So I bought a special 1/4 seam foot...with a guide bar. the guide bar was not correct so I broke it off and use the machine's (came iwth it) bar guide that is screwed onto the machine and then butted up to the foot to make 1/4 seam. Perfect..however...I can't use the guide when doing HST's which I do probably 70% of the time. THi sset up works well for just stitching seams...but t he problem is...the foot meets the feed dogs for 1/8-ish then the prongs of the foot start bending upwards which takes the pressure off so the feed dogs can't pull the fabric through. This makes the fabric just sit there and jam up. I use a thread head to start and once that goes through and I push the fabric to be caught next...because the prongs are bending up,,,,there is no pressure to pull the fabric on through. So I have to life the foot, push the fabric in farther, drop the foot, and can sew..but..that leaves about 6-8 stitch length behind the initial needle puncture that isn't sewn together. I have tried all feet I have and none make a 1/4inch seam without moving hte needle.

Does anyone have a Quantum and have a 1/4 seam foot that is exact and they like? Or...maybe yo uhave another brand machine with this problem and you have a way to solve it. I'd appreciate any help...I do ALOT of HST's and need the 1/4 seam to be exact and this is driving me to drink! Why those stupid prongs bend up I can't figure...none of the other feet do that! Thanks!