Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Monroe

My first car was an old '65 VW squareback, nicknamed the Tomato Soup Can. The floor was rotted out, headlight rims falling off, sunroof frequently stuck partly open, no heat, etc. I Loved that thing! I learned a lot about servicing it myself- timing, gapping the plugs, running jump start. To me it was beautiful. About 3 years ago I started collecting some treadles and FWs and have done some basic maintenance on them. I greatly appreciate the knowledge shared so freely on this Board. I have a lightweight Brother plastic machine for carrying to sew ins, but at home I use my '76 Kenmore or other machine. No balking at heavy seams, hissy fit about mild lint buildup, or bouncing across the table. I appreciate a simple machine that was made to last. I don't have time to sew a lot, so I don't have patience with a fussy machine. Antique or vintage machines are beautiful to me. I Love the gold decals, and colored machines that look like vintage 2 tone Chevys. White plastic says "cheap" and "fragile".