View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

The first question is probably, do you like polyester batting? Some people love it, some people prefer primarily cotton or wool.

I have not used this particular batting because I haven't used a polyester batting for many years. I like the softness and "crinkle" of cotton (caused by the batting shrinking a little). Polyester batting does not shrink at all and is usually a little puffier than cotton; some people prefer that look. A downside of polyester is that it is more slippery, which can cause it to shift more easily when quilting. Not all basting sprays work well with poly either.

Pellon is a pretty good brand so, if I wanted to use a polyester batting, I would probably take advantage of this deal.

Incidentally, this batting will go on sale online at 12:01 Eastern standard time, if you want to order it online. You should be able to get free shipping for it with coupon code TER359 (coupon good Nov 1 - Dec 24 for one time use only). Someone who works at a JoAnn's said her store is getting in only two or three rolls of batting so, if you are not at the store as soon as the doors open, you risk someone else walking off with the entire store's supply. (Stores do not give rainchecks for doorbusters.)