View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:44 PM
moreland

Default Tote with Southwestern Flair

I'm visiting in Albuquerque and found this wonderful fabric. Bought my first "bag" pattern and am glad to learn how to do a number of things I'd struggled with previously. This turned out much bigger than I had visualized, so I got some more of the fabric and will make a matching handbag. This tote is big enough to carry my laptop in. The center pocket is big enough for files/papers plus the pockets on the sides. It has 2 compartments--created by the center zipped pocket. On the front there is a zipped pocket and behind it is a deep pocket that will hold travel passes, etc. On the back size the pocket is 8" square and it has a magnetic fastener on it. Pockets on the sides will hold bottles or an umbrella.
I can't remember the name of the pattern and its information and I have it all packed up, so if anyone is interested send me a pm and I'll get that info to you. It is a complicated tote but the directions are clearly written and if you follow step by step, it all comes together. Took me a couple of days to get this one done.
Attached Thumbnails web-tote-made-jims-fall-12-03.jpg   web-tote-made-jims-fall-12-04.jpg   web-tote-made-jims-fall-12-06.jpg