Old 10-19-2009, 06:22 AM
mamatobugboo

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Hey Gai, did you wash your fabrics first? Do you want me to wash the fabric I'm using before I sew it on?

I'm also wondering...do you want to be surprised, or can I talk to you about my thoughts. I'm really afraid of ruining your quilt by making it too busy. I chose some fabrics and thought about doing a very simple border so as to give more definition between this layer and the next. But, it's not going to be anything "fabulous" from me, but I think it will help keep the special center to stand out...do you know what I'm saying? I can post photos of what I'm planning, and you can say "ya" or "na", or I can just do what I'm doing and ... well, you know what I'm saying. I've never done a RR before, so I'm wanting to do the right thing...
Patti mentioned "collaborative" quilting on this quilt and she is right - when she was adding the border to my center last time, we "spoke" a few times about how to do the design of it and what I would like to see. She had ideas, I had ideas, and they came together perfectly - at least that's what the pictures tell me, I am waiting as we speak for the mailman (yes, he's a guy) to bring my quilt to me from Europa!