Old 11-20-2012, 04:10 AM
suziehammond

Default Building a New house w/ studio All Ideas welcome

We get the frights and delights of building a new house here in Chile. I'd love every wishful idea you've ever had for a magic quilting space. Everything you'd like to have............

We have an architect who speaks English but she doesn't have a clue about sewing/quilting.

So far my list includes; Lots of space (it will be about 20x20) - lots of light and the view of the Andes out the front. So the front will be glass. There will be an attached bathroom and walk in closet at the back. (And curtains will be the first order of business to control light and heat

So I need ideas for all the weird wonderful super fantastic things I can have done now at almost no cost. I've looked at a number of 'sewing rooms' in the home design sites but I am pretty sure the designers don't sew.

Anyway, I was thinking the back closet should have a skylight for subdued but real color lighting and to pull fresh air thru the room? (Plus track lighting for night time

I have seen factories that have the ironing electric line coming from the ceiling so it never gets tangled. (Doesn't cost anything to put it in when it's being wired at the start here) Is it a good idea or not so important? I have a LA quilt machine so maybe that line should be from the ceiling?

I have a reg machine and an overlocker. Is a U shape the best for holding up fabric while sewing?

Have and 8x8 design wall planned--2 full pieces of styrofoam covered and framed out with molding.

So what else???? And thanks in advance for all your input. I know you guys will have tons of things I've not thought of.......