View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:48 AM
quiltmom04

I've done several Bargello designs, (see my avatar) and there's nothing to be afraid of. There ARE things that will make you successful, though. Here goes: 1) cut accurately 2) label EVERYTHING - you might think you can see the difference between widths, but it will become overwhelming. And group them somehow - i like lunch size zip lock bags. 3) I make a copy of the instructions, so I can write all over it as I construct the steps, so it preserves the original. And then make notes and check off the steps as you do them. 4) try to sew in the quiet. If you can't, try to not be actively engaged in conversation with someone, because the Bargello needs your attention to detail. 5) follow the instructions. I know that sounds simple, but the pattern folks have worked this out for a reason, so if it says to press or cut in a certain way, do it. You can change it on your next Bargello.6) put a small safety pin in the top, left square, so you when you have to put it down and come back to it later, will know where the beginning is. Again, you'll think you know, but with the safety pin, there is quickly no question. Good luck! You CAN DO THIS! The sewing is easy - the tricky part is staying focused!

Last edited by quiltmom04; 11-20-2012 at 05:51 AM.